“Reviews are matchmakers that help the right readers
discover the right authors—much to the benefit of both.
Best of all, you can help make it happen!”
Why write a review?
Reviews help potential readers make informed decisions about which books to buy next.
Reviews help boost a book’s visibility on bookseller’s sites.
Reviews can help sell books by your favorite authors, which makes their publishers happy and ensures that the authors will be given contracts for more books that you can enjoy.
Leaving reviews can help sites such as Amazon learn what type of books you enjoy reading so they can recommend books that are similar.
How to write a review?
Here are some simple tips you can use to make the process of writing a review quick and easy.
1. Have fun. This is your opportunity to tell other readers about a book you enjoyed, which is a good thing.
2. Create a title for your review. It doesn’t have be fancy.
3. Talk about why you liked the story overall. (This isn’t a book report, so you don’t have to recap the plot. The book blurb does a good job of that.)
4. Point out at least one particular thing you liked about the story.
5. Mention how the story captured and held your attention.
6. If you liked the book enough to recommend it to other readers, end with that.