• My debut novel, A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California, is a double-finalist in the 2013 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award contest sponsored by the First Coast Romance Writers chapter of Romance Writers of America® in the Inspirational Romance and Best First Book categories.
• On Februrary 20, I was privileged to be a guest on Authors, Writers, Books, and Beyond, a show on TSPN in Jackson, California hosted by Kathy Boyd Fellure. What a wonderful experience. Kathy and the station staff made us feel welcome and helped ease the jitters. I didn’t tangle my tongue too many times.
• Barbour Publishing is re-packaging my book in a 2-in-1 called Golden State Brides. A Bride Opens Shop will be coupled with A Bride Sews With Love in Needles, California by my friend and agent mate, Erica Vetsch. I loved Erica’s story and am thrilled to have mine coupled with hers. Golden State Brides will be released in September 2013.
• Readers are enjoying my book, and I’m enjoying hearing from them. There are a number of glowing reviews on Amazon and Goodreads–along with a few from readers who didn’t care for the story, so you can get a balanced view.
• My Book Launch and Old-fashioned Ice Cream Social took place July 15.
Here’s a look at the fun we had on that memorable day.
• My book arrived on June 25. Here’s a video of me seeing it for the first time.
Warning: If seeing someone shedding tears of joy makes you get misty-eyed, you might need tissues.
• My shipment of my debut novel left Barbour Publishing’s warehouse June 20. ETA in Placerville, California: June 25.
• Talented web designer Jason Walker of Website Ministries created my beautiful new website. Doesn’t he do great work?