• My debut novel, A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California, finaled in the inspirational category of the Published Maggie Award for Excellence contest sponsored by the Georgia Romance Writers chapter of RWA®.
• My debut novel, A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California, finaled in the inspirational category of the Book Buyers Best contest sponsored by the Orange County chapter of Romance Writers of America®.
• My debut novel, A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California, took first place in the inspirational category of the 2013 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award contest sponsored by the First Coast Romance Writers chapter of Romance Writers of America. It also took second place in the Best First Book category.
• On Februrary 20, I was privileged to be a guest on Authors, Writers, Books, and Beyond, a show on TSPN in Jackson, California hosted by Kathy Boyd Fellure. What a wonderful experience. Kathy and the station staff made us feel welcome and helped ease the jitters. I didn’t tangle my tongue too many times.
• Barbour Publishing is re-packaging my book in a 2-in-1 called Golden State Brides. A Bride Opens Shop will be coupled with A Bride Sews With Love in Needles, California by my friend and agent mate, Erica Vetsch. I loved Erica’s story and am thrilled to have mine coupled with hers. Golden State Brides will be released in September 2013.
• Readers are enjoying my book, and I’m enjoying hearing from them. There are a number of glowing reviews on Amazon and Goodreads–along with a few from readers who didn’t care for the story, so you can get a balanced view.
• My Book Launch and Old-fashioned Ice Cream Social took place July 15.
Here’s a look at the fun we had on that memorable day.
• My book arrived on June 25. Here’s a video of me seeing it for the first time.
Warning: If seeing someone shedding tears of joy makes you get misty-eyed, you might need tissues.
• My shipment of my debut novel left Barbour Publishing’s warehouse June 20. ETA in Placerville, California: June 25.
• Talented web designer Jason Walker of Website Ministries created my beautiful new website. Doesn’t he do great work?